Re: Container updates available in bodhi

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 6:09 AM Clement Verna <cverna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 13:55, Petr Pisar <ppisar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And unrelated question: The koji build NVR does not contain dist-git
>> name space. Does that mean there will be race conditions between rpms
>> and container builds when the NVR string will conflict and preventing
>> from an successfull koji build?
>
> OSBS grabs from koji the latest NVR available and increments the release
> number, so we would not have identical NVR. But indeed that could mess up the
> build of the rpm package if the release number was already used by OSBS,
> that's something that needs to be improved.

I think it's a good idea for Koji content generators to import builds
named with a particular suffix.

For OSBS, it makes sense to have all the container builds named with a
"-container" suffix. This is how we do it in another Koji+OSBS
instance I use. I guess there is nothing in OSBS (yet!) that enforces
this convention for the "BZComponent' or "com.redhat.component" labels
in the Dockerfile.

When we use name suffixes with content generator builds, we won't have
Release number collisions, or pollute "koji list-tagged --latest" or
"koji list-builds --package", or throw off getAverageBuildDuration,
etc.

- Ken