Re: Package pruning for FC4 and beyond

Jeff,

This was meant to spark discussion... not to be the end all be all.

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
how are you checking for deps?  the libtiff deps isnt somthing
obscure.. its required by gtk2.
I just want to make sure you aren't wasting your time using a depcheck
method thats going to  be highly unreliable. Are you looking at the
deps in fc3  or in rawhide? I'm not sure looking at the dep chains in
fc3 gives an accurate picture for the sake of this discussion.

I could not find a rpmdb for rawhide. If you wish to send me one I would be more than happy to use it. I have been using rpm -w --whatrequires under the full fc3 rpmdb.

dasher - obscure alternate input method ! 10MB

uhm... thats almost an offensive comment... a11y elements are very important... just be glad you don't need them.

If it is used by kde or gnomes accessability feature and used by someone ( anyone ) I will remove it from consiteration.

Your other objections are noted, but I stand by freeradius as a specialty package probably better served in extras.

Cheers,
Eric

--

Eric Warnke                   Computer Programmer / Systems Analyst
eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                      518-727-1523

'There is always an easy solution to every human problem -- neat,
plausible, and wrong.' - H.L. Mencken