Re: Automating package maintainers responsivity check

On 11/17/18 11:14 AM, Mattia Verga wrote:
> I would propose some sort of automatic check of maintainer responsivity.
> Maybe a tool that checks a packager activity in the last 6 months and if
> there is no activity then sends an email asking the maintainer to
> confirm they're still involved in Fedora. In case there's no reply,
> either automatically orphan their packages or notify someone
> (devel-list) to try to reach them.
>
> What do you think?

So basically a heartbeat for developers? Maybe make it even more
automatic. When people are not active, they get an email about the
branching. when they don't react their package is not branched to the
new release. This will cause broken builds, yes. But that's actually the
point since people will ask the maintainer to branch it **now**. When
people don't react it's time to get a new maintainer. And the people who
are maybe interested in being this new maintainer: The people who need
the package.

Maybe I'm a bit to easy with taking packages away from unresponsive
maintainers, but I think this would be a quite easy way to take care of
those things.

--
Signed
Sheogorath