Re: List default packages and propose amendmends

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 06:25:20AM -0000, Anatoli Babenia wrote:
>
> The key word is "comps".  There is a separate database which stores
> this information and is used by (some) installer software:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_and_edit_comps.xml_for_package_...

👍

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Minimal_Core/Packages_in_the_@core_Group
link to sources is dead.

https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/blob/master/f/comps-f29.xml.in
a lot of optional packages. How to find the section that goes by default
but can be unselected and section that can not be unselected and will
be installed always? It is possible to place those at the file start?

> It seems like it is not.  Why not install jq if you need it?  I'm not
> very clear on the problem, or what you're trying to do.  Is this
> question related to Ansible?

Almost. I am writing script that sets up external services like Travis and
GitHub for unprivileged user session. It is great to have `curl` installed
by default to make RESTful API calls, but there is nothing to parse the
replies. I can find and patch server initialization script what installs git,
and creates users to also install jq, but in 2018 where REST based APIs
are so ubiquitous it seems logical for network connected OS to give
users tools to work with network service APIs out of the box. Maybe it
should not be curl+jq, but something like httpie.