Re: Better fonts by default?

On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 20:36 -0600, Martin Jackson wrote:
> Hello everyone, and thanks to one and all for a remarkable distribution!
>
> With the coverage of the freeworld fontconfig enhancements, I wonder if
> some of the configuration settings currently implemented in
> https://github.com/silenc3r/fedora-better-fonts will be considered as
> defaults?

BTW, slightly off topic, but since we're talking about fonts -
something went really weird for me in Rawhide subpixel stuff lately. I
have my displays rotated 90 degrees, so I have vRGB set as the subpixel
ordering, but since some recent update, it seems like it's not working
properly, as I can see obvious colors in text that shouldn't be
colored, especially things like underscores (which basically just look
straight-up green).

Anyone else seen that? I'll try and find some time to dig into it, but
I've been spending all my time lately trying to fix up Rawhide in more
important ways...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey