Re: Bodhi update pushes are now automated

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:00 AM Wolfgang Stoeggl <c72578@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> what about "push to batched": How is this currently handled?
> Current docs say:
> "... waiting until the next Tuesday when Bodhi will automatically switch the request to "stable" at 03:00 UTC." [1]
> Is this still only on the next Tuesday? During the last package updates, which I pushed to batched, it turned out that it was the always next day at 03:00 UTC.

"Push to batched" is currently soft-disabled. (It was too much work at
the time we disabled it to actually remove it from Bodhi). FESCo
determined that the way it was implemented and the policy around it
was not meaningful, so right now "push to batched" just means that an
automated script automatically marks it for stable just before the
stable push automated run.

The short version of that discussion was that because we still allowed
people to push directly to stable if they felt it was early enough,
certain packagers who had ideological differences with the batched
plan were just ignoring it and always pushing it stable immediately,
thereby eliminating the stated benefit of not updating repodata and
mirroring every day. We had two choices: make "batched" mandatory for
all updates or disabled the batching. FESCo elected to take the latter
approach at the time.