Re: Ursa Major (modules in buildroot) enablement

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 11:14, Justin Forbes <jmforbes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is related to an open ticket to Release Engineering
> (https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7840) which was brought to FESCo
> (https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2003).  We understand the need to
> enable this, but there is an impact to workflow for local builds. It
> is possible that some of this could be alleviated with a fairly simple
> change to mock.
> The ability to install all builddeps with dnf builddep will be a bit
> more difficult.   Of course local builds where the build deps are
> already installed will not be impacted.  With this in mind, we wanted
> to open this up to some discussion on list before we make a decision.

There were a couple of things that weren't clear in the proposal or the meeting:

1. Can you use rpmbuild to rebuild packages with this change? Or do
you have to use mock or koji to do so?
2. How do sites which rebuild Fedora work with this?
3. Where do the bits which are getting added get built from and what
is their build history?
4. For buildsystems outside of koji how do they work?

I expect all the answers are benign, but it might make things clearer
to the effects.

> Thanks,
> Justin

Stephen J Smoogen.