Re: bottlenecks that case my machine to freeze

Le 2018-10-25 12:27, Muayyad AlSadi a écrit :
Hi,

There are some things that makes my machine to freeze

1. I've noticed that if I have some heavy CPU usage (ex. running many
VMs or tensorflow training or having tracker-miner-fs working in
background)

while typing somewhere (firefox, geany, ...etc) a flood of keystrokes
is send to the application (I know this because when I restore session
after firefox crash I see a million s in location bar, if my last
attempt was to type scholar.google.com [1])

I get the same thing without any special load. System would work fine for hours and then input would start bugging.

It translates into floods of keystrokes, or eaten keystrokes, or keystrokes being fed to apps out of order. Requires a system reboot to fix.

There is a serious bug somewhere in libinput WRT input queue management (priorization, ordering, and press/release detection).

I use Logitech wireless keyboards and mice with the bluetooth usb dongle. Don't know if that's your case too.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot