Re: Fwd: Re: Vagrant: can we make it show up in Software?

(Adding fedora-devel on CC)

The question is not how to do it but if we should do it on the first place.

I was always under impression, that we don't want to show CLI apps in
Software. Not sure what was the reasoning behind, but I can imagine that:

* we don't want Python to show up in Software (for example)

* screenshots of terminal window are not really attractive

Reading the AppData guidelines [1], it states several times something
like "If a package contains a GUI application" never mentions CLI. That
just strengthens my impression. So should we extend the guidelines to
support CLI apps?

Richard, what is your position on this (I know this started as a
reaction to your response).

Vít

[1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/AppData/