Re: Fedora should replace mailing lists with Discourse

On Thu, 2018-10-18 at 11:51 -0700, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:40 AM Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Ah... so it's a client issue.  Good to know.
> >
> > No it is a service issue that just happen not to affect *your* client
> > of choice. There is a big difference.
> >
> > Simo.
> >

> You need to read the entire thread in context, including subsequent
> all the top-posting, conversation snippets, etc.

I did read the thread, and there is no difficulty at all to read a
thread, given my client can do threading just fine, the comment stands.

You like gmail, and it just so happen discourse will generate mails
that rendere well in gmail ... I would be ready to bet that is because
the developers of that feature only test with gmail ...

The point was, you are looking only at your experience and not making
an analysis of what the impact of a change is for *all* the users.
You also state an opinion "discourse is just better" as fact, with a
few other *opinions* only as supporting evidence.

I think discourse may be a decent tool for fedora-users@ or some other
forum, where discussion is shorter and generally more of a quick
answer/reply shot.

But devel@ is a completely different story, if you think discourse is
much better is it possible that it's because your client doesn't handle
mailing list very well and you should look for a better client ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Sr. Principal Software Engineer