how to detect Atomic Rawhide?

Hi,
in DNF's Copr plugin we are detecting whether you are running in Rawhide or not, so we can enable you rawhide chroot (or
numbered).

We use this code:

  import distro
  distro.linux_distribution(full_distribution_name=False)

which returns triplet:
  ('Fedora', '30', 'Rawhide')
  ('Fedora', '29', 'Workstation Edition')

where the third string is taken from /etc/os-release
  VERSION="30 (Rawhide)"
  VERSION="29 (Workstation Edition)"

it is the string in parentheses. If there is a rawhide, we think that the system is rawhide. But...

Apparently Cloud edition contains:
  VERSION="30 (Cloud Edition)"
  REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Fedora"
  REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=rawhide
  VARIANT="Cloud Edition"

and Atomic has:
  VERSION="30 (Atomic Host)"
  REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Fedora"
  REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=rawhide
  VARIANT="Atomic Host"

The documentaion of os-release is very tolerant. Quoting from
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/os-release.html

VERSION=
    A string identifying the operating system version, excluding any OS name information, possibly including a release
code name, and suitable for presentation to the user. This field is optional. Example: "VERSION=17" or "VERSION="17
(Beefy Miracle)"".

Now I struggle what is the correct way? Should Cloud/Atomic fix they VERSION for rawhide to state VERSION="30 (Rawhide)"
and use VARIANT to distinguish the variant?
Or I should try to add something to upstream of python-distro to help detect rawhide (note: I am not the upstream author)?
Or should I do quick'n'dirty "if 'rawhide' in os-release['REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION']" in our copr plugin?
Or something completely different?

Miroslav