Re: package downgrades from f28 to f29

Shouldn't this be caused by F29 final freeze?

On 10.10.2018 13:57, Fabio Valentini wrote:
Hi all,

I tried upgrading my system to f29, and I noticed some packages that
would have been downgraded. Upon further investigation, their
maintainers seem to have forgotten (or missed) to build and/or submit
updates for these packages to fedora 29 - so, for example, the newer
version is only available on f28 and rawhide, but f29 is stuck on an
older version.

- gd (missing f29 update in bodhi, but koji build is present)
- pipewire (missing f29 update in bodhi, but koji build is present)
- rng-tools (missing both a koji build and bodhi update for f29)

Those three are just the ones that happen to be installed on my
system, probably there are more of these "older on the newer fedora
release" packages.

I haven't been able to find the documentation for this, but I seem to
remember that package versions should always be higher in newer fedora
releases (so there are no downgrades when upgrading from N to N+1). Is
this what is referred to as a "broken upgrade path"?

Fabio