Re: many legit devel@ emails marked as spam by gmail (dmarc reject)

* Todd Zullinger:

> AFAIK, there's no individual subscriber control in Mailman.
> It's applied to the list.  (I'm nowhere close to an expert
> with Mailman3 though, so corrections are welcome.)

That's a pity (the lack of individual subscriber control I mean).

> However, it only affects messages from domains which have a
> DMARC 'reject' policy, as configured on the users list.

Yes, but also for recipients which do not perform DMARC checking and
could therefore be presented with the unfalsified headers.

Mailman has no way to know what the recipient does, so it has to be a
per-subscriber knob.

> So anyone with some control over their email infrastructure
> shouldn't generally be affected (or will have the ability to
> make adjustsments to their DMARC policy to allow mail to be
> resent from the Fedora lists).

I cannot control what kind of DMARC policies domains publish.

I would likely be unable to change the DMARC policy for redhat.com if
Red Hat started to publish one.  What I could do, though, is to switch
to a different domain (hopefully still a subdomain under redhat.com),
but not everyone has that kind of luxury.  But that will only help for
avoiding that my mail gets the header forging treatment by Mailman.  It
would not change what I receive.

> Overall, I think it's been an improvement on the users list.

It's less risky for lists that have always set Reply-To: to the list,
that's true.

Thanks,
Florian