Re: Recent openQA test failures

> Two, the upgrade_realmd_client test seems to fail every time lately,
> like this:
>
> https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/288372#step/upgrade_run/19
>
> it's failing while trying to upgrade the system, at a step where it
> tries to install some packages, because the 'fedora-modular' repo
> cannot be synchronized.

It seems this was actually happening because FreeIPA wasn't coming up
correctly on the server after upgrade, and the tests don't actually
*notice* that directly in the upgrade test case - after reboot of the
upgraded system, we just sorta assume everything's working fine. So it
got exposed in a non-obvious way (something on a client test failing
because bind isn't running on the server).

FreeIPA isn't coming up after upgrade because the F28 stable freeipa
got ahead of the F29 stable freeipa, and that causes FreeIPA's upgrade
script to break (it never expects to go from a higher to a lower
version and bails if it's asked to do that). I've pushed the F29 update
stable now to resolve this.

I've written an enhancement to the openQA test to make it hopefully
explicitly catch the case where FreeIPA doesn't come up properly on
upgrade, but unfortunately I now can't test *that* because of a
*different* bug which causes the upgrade process itself to fail:
another case where an F28 package got ahead of F29, libxcrypt.
libxcrypt-4.2.1-3.fc28 went stable ahead of libxcrypt-4.2.1-3.fc29 -
both have been submitted for stable, but the F28 package reached the
f28 stable update repo before a new F29 compose got done with the F29
update in it, and files in 4.2.1 conflict with the 4.1.2 that is still
currently in the F29 compose that's on the mirrors. This should
hopefully be resolved once the compose that's running at present
completes...

Moral of the story...we really should go back to gating on the
upgradepath test...:P
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey