Re: many legit devel@ emails marked as spam by gmail (dmarc reject)

Chris,

On 2018-10-06 04:10, Chris Murphy wrote:
Semi-related to the "Attention Gmail users, please turn off HTML"
thread; anyone *not* using gmail (e.g. all Yahoo email users) are
having their emails put into spam by google mail.

Not only that but I have had cases where the mails are silently dropped too - the situation doesn't happen often and when it does I am mostly not in a position to ask the recipients to help me debug - but for at least a couple of cases where people were helpful:

- I could see from my QMail logs that the mail reached the Google server

- It was nowhere to be found in the recipient's account

- The mail was never bounced back

Regards,

Phil.

This message has a from address in yahoo.co.uk but has failed yahoo.co.uk's required tests for authentication. Learn more

And from the headers:

smtp.mailfrom=test-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
dmarc=fail (p=REJECT sp=REJECT dis=QUARANTINE) header.from=yahoo.co.uk

And from yahoo's help.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN24050.html

The result of the reject policy set by yahoo (and others), and that
gmail is one of the few mail hosting companies that honors p=reject,
is that such emails end up in gmail spam, and no amount of training or
filtering will fix it. And this is a silent failure. I have many
emails in spam by Fedora Project users (not just devel@).

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896