Re: Orphaned python2-matplotlib

SJS> What packages? And where are they depending on it?

I believe the underlying issue is that previously the Fedora
python-matplotib package produced both python2 and python3 subpackages.
But recently it dropped support for python2.

What I don't understand is:

1) Why my access was removed from the package and set to 'orphan'.
There is no separate set of permissions for EPEL branches but I'd think
that the new Fedora maintainer would have been simply added to the list
of admins.

2) Why a package was added and then immediately orphaned.  In an attempt
to clean up the mess I'm told that there's now a six week period of time
during which the package has to stay live.  So this package was imported
with no expectation that it would be maintained only to start some
running clock.  And for the duration of that clock, I get to keep the
mess by default?

I'm rather unhappy about this.  I had previously raised my objection to
this and requested coordination in this FESCo comment:
https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1970#comment-532232 but it appears to have
happened anyway.

 - J<