Re: Headsup: dbus 1.12.10-1.fc29 is missing systemd dbus.service file, breaking almost everything

Hi,

On 02-09-18 09:33, Andreas Tunek wrote:
Den lör 1 sep. 2018 kl 15:50 skrev stan <stanl-fedorauser@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 13:44:56 +0200
Andreas Tunek <andreas.tunek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't get a commandline, everything seems stuck in the boot
process.... Is there anyway to get a commandline and update the system
when it is in this state?

You could try getting to single user mode, putting a 1 after the boot
line during boot by editing the menu entry before booting.  That should
put you into the root account, where you can run a dnf update.

There is no root acoount on a default F29 installation. Also, you
can't see the boot menu and I haven't been able to trigger it.

The boot menu should show if the previous boot is considered
unsuccessful I guess that you have left the gnome-initial-setup
gnome-shell session sit around for more then 2 minutes and then
the boot is considered successful if you press "ctrl + alt + F4"
and then "ctrl + alt + del" as soon as you get the broken
gnome-initial-setup screen, it should reboot into the menu
(this worked for me when I hit the same issue).

If that fails you should be able to get the boot menu by one of:

a) Keeping shift pressed during boot, note you typically need to
press it a bit after the vendor logo / bios post shows otherwise
it might not register

b) Pressing Esc during boot (needs to be done at the right time,
so press it repeatedly during boot)

c) Pressing F8 during boot (needs to be done at the right time,
so press it repeatedly during boot)

Regards,

Hans