Re: Will there be one more nightly compose for Fedora 29 Beta?

On Wed, 2018-08-29 at 13:41 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 1:40 PM Zamir SUN <zsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanna know if there will be one more compose for Fedora 29 for
> > Beta? To be clear, I've retired some packages in Fedora 29 before the
> > freeze which affect the LxQT appearance. But it did not take effect so I
> > filed a ticket for Release Engineering but it was handled yesterday. And
> > I did not see a new LxQT image till now.
> >
> > If there won't be a new compose, do I need to fill a FBR to resolve this?
>
> There will be nigjhtly composes every night, there's a fix awaiting to
> unblock, I would expect something of some sort today, one way or
> another.

Possibly not, we're now stuck on a different compose bug. But yes, a
nightly compose is attempted every day: the freeze does not mean we
stop doing composes. And the actual Beta compose will not be a nightly;
the release composes are slightly different and run manually. So, you
should not need an FE or FBR if the changes you needed have actually
been merged already and are just waiting for a new compose to run.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey