Re: Build failure with -Wl,--as-needed

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018, Jerry James wrote:

I'm not the maintainer of this package (iaxclient), but I ran into this
build failure while working on a pull request.  It seems to be fallout
from the -Wl,--as-needed change.  Any idea why this is happening?

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=29342306

Who started this trend of ignoring the libtool script generated by
configure and using /usr/bin/libtool instead?  I've run across several
spec files in the last few days that do that.  It isn't right.  The
configure script tailors the generated libtool in various ways.  Try
the attached spec file, which works much better.

Thanks Jerry! I had just noticed that LIBTOOL=... in the make invocation and was wondering if that was part of the problem.

Scott