Re: kcov: code coverage for programs and python/shell scripts

> I just submitted a review request [1] for kcov [2] that I recently
> discovered. It has no relation to Linux's kcov and is more akin to
> lcov, except that all it needs is a binary with DWARF debuginfo
> instead of requiring compile-time instrumentation.
>
> I came across kcov when I was looking for a way to measure code
> coverage in a Rust project and I'm impressed. It supposedly has a low
> overhead, but so far I've been monitoring small single-threaded
> programs so I can't really tell. I haven't tested python and shell
> support, although I have cases where it would be relevant, but I don't
> have time yet.

Greetings,

I have been using it for a year now, and the only problem I had was to
upstream aarch64 support! (or technically write the patch)

Since it's currently not easy to run the test suite at packaging time,
and since the test suite is not really arch-aware anyway, it would be
great if someone with hardware could give it a try on architectures
other than x86_64:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-b19a317636

Thanks,
Dridi