Re: Fedora 30 System-Wide Change proposal: Remove the Group: Tag From All Packages

On 08/23/2018 12:31 AM, Artur Iwicki wrote:
> If we remove the Group: tag from existing packages (assuming 100% accuracy), this would mean that the only way for a package to have the Group: tag would be to:
> a) have a maintainer add it back in
> b) accept a new package with the Group: tag present
>
> If we assume option a) to be unlikely,

Oh, don't assume anything like that.  Some maintainers (mentioned on
this list in other threads earlier) have proven record of re-adding
Group after removal.

> then wouldn't it make more sense to put the "doesn't have a Group: tag" check in fedora-review, instead of rpmlint?

Fedora-Review doesn't need to be run during package review. It's not
even recommended in review guidelines. On the other hand running rpmlint
is mandatory, it's the very first MUST item in the guidelines.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Senior Software Engineer, Red Hat