Fedora 30 Self-Contained Change proposal: No more automagic Python bytecompilation (phase 2)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/No_more_automagic_Python_bytecompilation_phase_2

== Summary ==
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/No_more_automagic_Python_bytecompilation
Now we are changing the default to be <code>%global
_python_bytecompile_extra 0</code>.

== Owner ==
* Name: Miro Hrončok (Churchyard)
* Name: Petr Viktorin (pviktori)
* Email: mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx, pviktori@xxxxxxxxxx

== Detailed Description ==

See thed etailed Description of the previous Change Proposal:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/No_more_automagic_Python_bytecompilation#Detailed_Description

We will now set <code>%_python_bytecompile_extra</code> to
<code>0</code> by default.

All packages that ship Python 3 bytecode outside of Python 3
directories should be preferably converted to use
<code>%py_byte_compile</code>, but if they are not, it's fine.

We'll check all pyc/pyo files shipped by packages. We'll check if
those are explicitly compiled using <code>%py_byte_compile</code>. If
not, we mass push `%global _python_bytecompile_extra 1` to the package
specs to make them work. It's up the package maintainers to adjust the
package to the new style (or keep the line forever).

== Benefit to Fedora ==
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/No_more_automagic_Python_bytecompilation#Benefit_to_Fedora

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Change the default, slightly change the guidelines,
get the list of packages, push the change into them.

* Other developers: Maintainers of python3 packages are encouraged to
change their packages to use explicit <code>%py_byte_compile</code>
(not a System Wide Change, they don't have to do anything).

* Policies and guidelines: will be changed as described in description

== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
None expected.

== How To Test ==
N/A

== User Experience ==
The users of this change are packagers. The new behavior should make
byte-compilation more obvious, explicit, and discoverable.
Users of Fedora should not feel this (except if this change uncovers a
packaging bug).

== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: we'll finish the change later (not a System
Wide Change)

== Documentation ==
The guidelines will be the documentation.

== Release Notes ==
This change does not deserve Release Notes, it is not user facing.

--
Ben Cotton
Fedora Program Manager