Re: More math updates, with sonames bumps and license updates

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 9:48 PM Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've accumulated another set of package updates for the
> sagemath/Macaulay2 set of packages.  I would like to build these in
> Rawhide in about a week.  Here are the proposed changes.  Please let
> me know of any objections.  I believe I have all dependent packages
> for the soname bumps on the list to rebuild.

I forgot to mention that I plan to retire the genus2reduction package
after doing all of those builds.  The code in genus2reduction has been
merged into pari.  The only other consumer of the separate binary was
sagemath, but it now uses pari for this computation, leaving no
package in Fedora that needs the separate genus2reduction package.  In
addition, the upstream genus2reduction page explicitly notes that it
is now unmaintained software, and that it has been merged into pari.

If anybody still needs genus2reduction as a separate package, let me
know and I will give it to you instead of retiring it.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/