Re: Making Fedora secure - Package exit policy for security

On 07/31/2018 01:19 PM, Pavel Zhukov wrote:

>> 1. If a CRITICAL or IMPORTANT security issue is open against a package
>> in Fedora-X and by the time X is EOL and the issue is not addressed,
>> proactively remove the package from X+1
> By the time FX is EOL'ed it's too late even for FX+2 to drop the
> package. Besides of that CVE could be fixed in FX+2 but not fixed in FX
> so the logic should be a way more complex.

Sure, the above is just a proposal. We could perhaps drop it while FX+2
is beta etc. I am open to idea, as long as there is a way we could exit
the package if it has a consistently bad security record.

Also if CVE is fixed in FX+2 and will not be fixed in FX, the bug
against FX should be closed as wontfix!

--
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala / Red Hat Product Security Team