Re: tool to order packages by build dependencies (rpmbuild-order)

Le jeudi 26 juillet 2018 à 21:01 +0900, Jens-Ulrik Petersen a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 7:10 PM Nicolas Mailhot <
>

> > To be complete it should also be boostrap-aware  : do intermediary
> > bootsrap builds whenever there is a cycle and one or more links in
> > the
> > cycle have bootstraping instructions in their spec.
>
> I see: hmm cyclic deps are tricky...
> Currently it gives up if there is a cycle in the graph.
> Maybe an example would help me, if you have one.

Basically if there is a cycle and the packager anticipated it one or
more specs of the cycle will include bootstrap-specific conditionals as
per
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Bootstrapping

When the conditional is activated the package builds with reduced
functionality and reduced requirements, breaking the cycle

Of course once you've built the packages depending on the boostrapped
spec you need to rebuild it in normal (full) mode)

You have an exemple of the result here
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/nim/More_Go_Packaging/builds/

There are quite a lot of cycles requiring bootstraping there. The devel
builds are probably obsolete by now, but I doubt the el7 situation
changed much since

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot