Re: Build failures of packages which use waf as build system

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 09:54:22PM +0200, Guido Aulisi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found many build failure of packages using waf as build system.
> This is due to recent move of /usr/bin/python into a separate package
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Move_usr_bin_python_into_separat
> e_package
>
> Many audio related packages have this problem.
>
> I fixed some of these audio packages, prefixing waf calls with
> %{__python2} macro. You have to BR python2-rpm-macros or python2-devel
> to use it.
>
> For example:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ardour5/c/e72960049735476c19c08a14cb
> d5891556802753?branch=master
>
> As discussed on the ML, this was the accepted solution, I hope this can
> be useful to other people getting this problem

Please don't recommend that. Instead of munging all packages that use
waf, waf should be fixed. In the other thread the maintainer said they
can do it next week. If more speed is needed, prepare a PR in src.fp.o
and maybe have a provenpackager push the build.

Zbyszek