Re: python 2 retirement commo efforts

Good numbers to provide, thanks. I've one thought for you.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 2:24 PM, R P Herrold <herrold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did not try to structure and run a report to try to
> enumerate and count by dependencies.  Looking at the
> problem with such a statistic, as to 'upstream' 'keystone'
> packages will, I suspect, show that many of the dependencies
> almost certainly 'cluster around a few 'branch' packages
>
> -- Russ herrold

Numbers of dependencies are useful to report. I'd also expect "hot
spots" around packages that are simply incompatible with python 3, or
incompatible with python 2, due to the syntax differences between the
languages. That's not going to be solvable by merely updating .spec
files.

Hmm. Has anyone take a look at the "bdist_rpms" python tools,  used by
Python developers to build RPMS from their raw python code, to bring
it up to Fedora standards? Or py2pack? Getting those updated could
help.authors of new smf p;f python tools. follow new standards.