Re: Exim as default MTA.

David Woodhouse wrote:
> I'm far more adamant about "it shouldn't be sendmail" than "it should be
> exim" but sendmail definitely needs to go, and on balance I think Exim
> would make a better choice than Postfix, because it's so much better
> documented.

OTOH I think, that exim4's configuration files are close to unreadable
and far to many parentheses in it. If you want to use a simple MTA as
default mailer, I'd opt to go to postfix - but I am biased, because I
switched from Exim3 to Exim4, as I disliked some of the new
configuration stuff (especially its readability, as stated above).

As to documentation: postfix 2.1 is very well documented, the
documentation cannot be compared to what was delivered with 2.0 or
earlier.

But that's just me.

Regards,

Ralph