Re: Release criteria proposal: installing / removing software

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 14:56 +0000, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> There is also historical precedent in open source software for using
> the terms "recommended" and "suggested" rather than "appropriate".

Those have specific meanings in RPM terms which are not at all what the
release criterion is about. It is not talking about soft dependencies
or hints.

> Installing/upgrading licensed software is never appropriate.

Huh?

This discussion seems to have taken a bizarre turn, to be honest.
Unless there's some sort of massive outcry I'm kinda inclined to ignore
the extremely nitpicky wordsmithing debates going on and just go with
the revised draft I promised; it doesn't seem like anyone has really
got any substantive issue with it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey