Re: sip-related build failures in rawhide

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Miro Hrončok wrote:

A few days ago scidavis builds started failing in rawhide. Someone
mentioned here that sip was to blame for a number of such failures and
according to koschei they started to happen after the update from
sip-4.19.9-0.2.dev1805261119.fc29 to sip-4.19.12-2.fc29.

Sorry for stealing the thread, but this might be related:

libarcus:   Could not find SIP
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=28195162

libsavitar: Could not find SIP
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=28197370

I'll investigate these.  Odd though 'sip' is present in the buildroot,
CMake Error at cmake/FindSIP.cmake:64 (MESSAGE):
  Could not find SIP

could mean something else in this context.

OK, context is that these are looking for the sip python module, which is no
longer implicitly pulled in by current:
BuildRequires: python3-sip-devel

Seems a lot of software expects that, so I'll (re)add the dependency
Requires: python3-sip
to python3-sip-devel

Also, since you're now only packaging the one 'sip' binary, does it make sense to move it out of the 'python2-sip-devel' package to a python-agnostic subpackage?  It seems a bit weird that a python 3 package that uses sip would have to BR python2-sip-devel to get the sip binary.

It appears to be in the sip package that requires no python version.

Good - yeah it looks like he moved it recently. I was going off this, which is probably based off an older compose (or maybe there hasn't been a successful compose yet):

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/python2-sip-devel/

Scott