Bacula on F29 with Mariadb and no PostgreSQL suddenly seems hardcoded for PostgreSQL, so fails totally

(I'm getting nothing from the Bacula forums so have to ask here).

F28 is running fine in the same config.

I was holding back until a regular bacula update came into my F29 system with a DNF update, and it did recently. I'm now on 9.0.8. However, it still thinks I'm using PostgreSQL, when in fact that's not even installed on the server, it's just Mariadb which is working perfectly with F28 and earlier.

So I went nuclear and, after preserving all my configs and db's, did a DNF remove on all the bacula components, then a DNF install on them again. I still get the same problem:

[root@tiger ~]# bacula-dir -t
bacula-dir: dird.c:1165-0 Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
bacula-dir: dird.c:1170-0 postgresql.c:332 Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server. Database=bacula User=bacula
Possible causes: SQL server not running; password incorrect; max_connections exceeded.
29-Jun 14:21 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: bacula-dir.conf

So now it seems I need to do something right after a clean DNF install on F29 which I never needed to before and don't know what it is? Is there some setting in bacula.conf I've missed, or are we back to getting the right link to the libbaccs.so as discussed elsewhere?

I don't mind if it's a kludge, I just cant go on longer with no backups.

Thanks!