Re: Plan to update Brotli to 1.0.5 in Rawhide

On Sunday, 01 July 2018 at 18:56, pouar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2018 10:23:36 +0200
> Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 1.7.2018 02:21, pouar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Brotli 1.0.5 is out and I might update it in Rawhide, but the tool I
> > > used to check ABI differences seems to have stopped working on both
> > > Arch and Fedora. So I'm not sure if Brolti included any ABI/API
> > > breaking changes. Should I push an update anyway?

Which tool were you using? There are multiple (rpmsodiff and abipkgdiff
are two examples). Which one started failing and how?

> > I suggest you either check or coordinate with co-maintainers to see if
> > the following would be broken by the upgrade:
> >
> > golang-github-dsnet-compress
> > httpd
> > php-pecl-http
> > webkit2gtk3
> > woff2
>
> But I'm supposed to coordinate with the maintainers of these packages and
> check to see if they work with the new release, probably a week in advance
>
> golang-github-dsnet-compress
> httpd
> php-pecl-http
> python-httpbin
> webkit2gtk3
> woff2

If there are ABI and API differences, my suggestion is to build the updated
package (e.g. in COPR) and rebuild all the packages depending on it against
the new version. Then, if anything failed to rebuild, notify the
affected maintainers, pointing to your COPR repo for build logs.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPMFusion   http://rpmfusion.org