Re: python-sphinx_rtd_theme advice

Le mercredi 06 juin 2018 à 19:05 -0600, Jerry James a écrit :
>  We have fontawesome-fonts-web,

which was needless ignorance of Fedora guidelines BTW

> Since the .ttf files of those fonts are not byte-equivalent to the
> ones we ship ... I'm not sure what is safe to do here.

The safe part is just to update the Fedora font packages to the latest
upstream version of the fonts if we do not ship it yet. You can ignore
byte-equivalency, fortunately font libs are robust enough they do not
depend on a particular version of font files (and websites update fonts
all year round without you noticing). The only 'risk' is downgrading to
earlier font versions that may lack glyphs added in later versions.

And btw, browsers are free to ignore whatever css font web designers try
to feed them (and have to since some web designers like to specify fonts
that lack the coverage needed to display anything more complex than
basic latin), so if anything in the theme relies on custom font
modifications it's broken by design.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot