Re: F29 System Wide Change: Binutils 2.31

Hi Zbigniew,

>> Do you foresee any significant issues with this version upgrade in the
>> mass rebuild?

No.  I am currently testing the 2.31 sources on the FSF branch, but so far
everything looks good.

>> Anything in particular that maintainers and upstreams
>> should looks at?

I hope not.  There have been problems in the past when rebasing the binutils,
so I cannot guarantee that there will be no issues, but I will do my best to
make sure that the change does not cause any problems, and that maintainers
and upstreams do not even know that it has happened.

> Also, what is the relationship between
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BINUTILS230
> and
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BINUTILS231

BINUTILS230 was the change request to bring in FSF binutils 2.30.  This
is the version that is currently used in rawhide.

BINUTILS231 is the change request to bring in FSF binutils 2.31.  The
2.31 release has not actually happened yet - it is scheduled for July 7
- but if it does happen in time then I would like to get it into rawhide
before the mass rebuild happens.  Then if there are any problems they
should show up quickly.

Cheers
  Nick