Re: FC4 slimfast slimfest

On 02/22/2005 06:15:41 AM, Florian La Roche wrote:
On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 05:13:14PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 10:19:48PM +0100, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> > > postfix-doc, we have python-doc but no php-doc or perl-doc)
> > >
> > I am not agree. If we provide exim, we provide *all* exim.
>
> Shove exim in extras then. Lets have one of everything (including
databases)
> in the base except where the are real divides (Gnome/KDE)

I think exim still has potential to become our future default MTA.

That doesn't mean it has to sit in core while it is not.
I'm seriously hoping that AbiWord and Gnumeric someday will be the default office apps in core, OOo imho is bloated and has a code base that is just too big, I personally think OOo was a poor choice to default to - and had the resources by various distros been put into AbiWord/Gnumeric that were put into OOo - they would absolutely rock even more than they already do.

But while OOo is what is being pushed and defaulted to, AbiWord/ Gnumeric need to live in Extras so that they do not add to what a user who sticks with defaults has to download.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/