Re: Intent to drop python2-notebook

On 5.6.2018 18:21, Jerry James wrote:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 11.5.2018 17:54, Miro Hrončok wrote:

        python2-notebook is a leaf package (nothing in Fedora
        (build)requires it). I'd like to drop it from rawhide. Any
        objections?

    Dropped.

Uh oh.  I just added both a BR and an R from sagemath to python2-notebook a couple of days ago, because sagemath does require it.

Does it require all of it? It's not a library. Can we see what exactly is required and why maybe? How is it used - via Python imports or via the command form /usr/bin?

Can we bring it back?  I can help maintain it if maintenance cycles are an issue.

We can, but please check the above first.

The issue is that upstream no longer seem to care about Python 2. Last time, it had some SyntaxErrors on legacy Python. Fortunatelly, only in some tests, so I've dropped those from the py2 package, but I just didn't want to deal with this any more.

--
Miro Hrončok