Re: Change in Copr retention policy?

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 12:31 PM Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to open discussion about Copr retention policy change.
>
> Right now we have:
>
> > How long do you keep the builds? ¶
>
> > We keep the last successful build from each package indefinitely. All other builds (old packages, failed builds) are
> deleted after 14 days.
>
> This means that we still have repos for fedora-18-* and epel-5-*.
>
> Is this reasonable? Or are we just wasting storage? According to our logs those repositories are still accessed (yes
> even that fedora-18).

That's ... interesting.

I'm completely OK with trashing builds that were not built for any
chroot newer than the last EOL'd release (right now, any build that
was built only for f26 and older could be deleted, IMO).

> On the other hand, we would like to add more architectures, and this requires even more space in storage.

That would be nice, especially for testing package builds on different
arches, where koji scratch builds aren't possible.

> Personally, I think that keeping the repositories one year after EOL date is just fine. That means we delete fedora-24-*
> and older and epel-5-*. What do you think?

That change sounds very reasonable. If you ask me, 6 months after EOL
would be more than long enough.

Fabio