Re: Hiding the grub menu by default on single OS installs

On 05/31/2018 06:52 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
This will basically get us back the F28 behavior of showing the
menu but only after a failed boot, I think that is a good
solution, do you agree?

What is the definition of a successful boot? I ask because a machine could boot perfectly, and when you try to interact with it on the login screen, bugs on the display driver can change the screen to garbage (I have seen this kind on bug long time ago), or lockup. So, the user will be unable to activate any kind of restart with menu enabled in order to try an older kernel, or boot to rescue mode.

I think instead of only detecting a successful boot, a machine that wasn't properly shutdown should enable the menu

Regards,

Hans