Re: F29 System Wide Change: Let's Label Our Variants!

Jan Kurik wrote:
> Start using the VARIANT and VARIANT_ID fields in /etc/os-release for
> Spins, Labs and the base container image rather than just the main
> Fedora Editions.

While I agree that this needs to be handled the same way for Editions and
Spins (because I think this distinction is arbitrary to begin with), I think
we should actually drop those fields in the Editions instead of trying to
fill them in everywhere. A Fedora installation can be customized in many
ways. In the end, what you get is and should be Fedora, no matter what media
you initially installed from. Any VARIANT distinction is just meaningless.

        Kevin Kofler