Re: What services / tools still require NIS domain?

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM David Kaspar [Dee'Kej] <dkaspar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello people,

I would like to know if you know about any service / tool / application that still relies on NIS domain to be set in Fedora?

So far, I know only about SSSD/FreeIPA relying on it. Does anybody know anything else? All replies are welcome. :)

I don't think SSSD or FreeIPA *require* it. They offer netgroup functionality that can be used with it. Maybe I misunderstood your question? Are you just asking which things in the distro interact with NIS domains at all?

Perhaps it would be better if you explained the rationale for the question. For example, are you trying to figure out if we can remove all of NIS from the distro?