Re: [fedora-arm] armhfp builder instability

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:02 PM, Florian Weimer <fweimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Lately, I've seen quite a few spurious build failures.  Random SIGBUS is
>> particularly common, and gcc reports that it cannot reproduce the SIGBUS in
>> a second compilation, which usually points to a kernel/hardware issue.
>>
>> The latest problem was a hang during a build (on
>> buildvm-armv7-07.arm.fedoraproject.org), with this kernel:
>>
>> Linux buildvm-armv7-07.arm.fedoraproject.org 4.16.6-302.fc28.armv7hl+lpae #1
>> SMP Tue May 1 23:15:35 UTC 2018 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
>>
>> This affects multiple builders, so I suspect a kernel issue, not dying
>> hardware because AFAIK, the machines are independent.
>>
>> The issue also affects copying out the log files for Koji, so they probably
>> do not show the actual place of the hang.
>
> There's a stability issue post upgrade, the upgrades moved the
> underlying hypervisors to RHEL 7.5 and the build VMs to Fedora 28 at
> the same time, the issue is known and is being investigated/worked
> upon.

As I'm facing what seems to be the very same issue
(https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=26957996), I'd
like to ask whether there's a ticket/bug/issue opened for this that I
could follow and get some notification when it's solved.

> Peter

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio