Re: RPM spec style

Le 2018-05-11 16:33, Merlin Mathesius a écrit :
Greetings.

I'd like a quick opinion on spec file style...

Nearly all specs I've seen dealing with subpackages group all the
%package/%description stanzas near the beginning, and put all the %files
stanzas near the the end. (Example 1 below)

However, are there any reasons, stylistic or otherwise, that the %files
stanzas shouldn't be grouped with their corresponding
%package/%description stanzas? (Example 2 below) Especially when there
are a large number of subpackages...

It's a lot easier to reventilate files between subpackages when a new version changes layout, if all the files sections are next to one another. Same for the descriptions. Hunting down description snippets do reflect one function was moved to or from another subpackage, is not fun.

--
Nicolas Mailhot