Re: Serious problem with SATA LPM in F28 on Lenovo 50 series laptops

Hi,

On 05/02/2018 04:33 PM, Christian Dersch wrote:

On 29/04/18 17:34, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 29-04-18 11:09, Christian Dersch wrote:
I managed to install F28 (fresh install of KDE spin) on the second disc
of my T450s. I cannot reproduce the issue by changing screen brightness
there with min_power and also the med_power_with_dipm default. I tried
it with battery only as well as with connected power supply. Now I'll
see whether I get that rare random freeze.

Wow, thank you very much for doing all this testing, hopeful we will gain
some useful extra insight from this.

Regards,

Hans

So after 4 days of working with that installation (several hours per day) I got no freezes

Ok, so it seems that not everyone is affected, thank you for the
info.

Can you do:

cat /sys/class/dmi/id/bios_version /sys/class/dmi/id/bios_date

And let me know the output. Also related to this have you
updated your BIOS recently / are you in the habbit
of tracking BIOS updates? I'm wondering if this is BIOS
version related.

Regards,

Hans