Re: plan to update brotli to 1.0.4 in Rawhide

On Wed, 2018-04-18 at 06:21 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 02:00:42PM -0500, pouar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > So is someone else is going to do the checking if the reverse dependencies
> > work with the new version or do I have to do that?
>
> *Somebody* has to do it. If *you* can at least start doing that, that
> would be great and will probably make the whole process smoother.
> Milan's point is that we cannot say that you *have* to do it, because
> you're just a volunteer.
>
> If you have the time, I'd suggest building the updated brotli version
> locally, installing it locally (including the -devel package), and
> rebuilding all the dependent packages locally. All using 'fedpkg
> local'.

And I'm gonna keep pointing out, since everyone seems to be skipping
over it, that the update *may not bump the soname at all*. In which
case no rebuilds are needed. You should check that before checking
anything else.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey