Re: DNSSEC, DoH, dnscrypt-proxy 1 vs 2

On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 10:54:10AM +0200, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 10:01:21AM +0200, Martin Sehnoutka wrote:
> > > Restarted Firefox and then also the whole laptop. Doesn't work. But
> > > then I'm in Fedora 28 so it may be a bug. Anyway, getting this to work
> > > for me isn't really the point of the thread. I'm wondering about
> > > something that works out of the box for everyone, what that looks
> > > like, and it seems like dnscrypt-proxy 2 can support either DNSSEC or
> > > DNS-over-HTTP.
> >
> > I've been playing with dnssec-trigger for a while and I would not enable
> > it by default. If you have a single connection with ISP provided
> > resolvers or public DNS, it is fine, but it gets harder to configure
> > when you have multiple connections like Wi-Fi and corporate or
> > university VPNs where each provides some forward zones and needs reverse
> > zones for correct behavior.
>
> Same here, I' cusious if anyone has been able to get it working
> properly? In best case, has someone written about it?

It works fine for me on multiple desktops 99% of the time.  The bug with the latest update was the first time in a long time that I've had issues.

With laptops, you are more likely to run into issues, but even there I keep it enabled most of the time, knowing that I can disable it if I run into an issue.