Re: Server SIG Weekly Meeting Minutes (2018-04-03)

On 8 April 2018 at 07:08, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> TBH I think that's quite a divergence from a typical "enterprise
>>> server" that the Server SIG has targetted.
>>
>>   But this is probably much closer to what "real-world" Fedora server
>>   deployments are.
>
> What details have you got to back that up? I know of a lot of users of
> Fedora Server that use it in an enterprise context, a lot more than in
> a media server context.

These are falling trees in the forest though. It isn't that they don't
make a sound. It is just that no one really hears it and we have no
way to know what they want/do if they don't. It is the same with every
other 'enterprise' group in any other platform. Telling you that they
are using it is no good if it means that you have to be in every
meeting ever to represent them. You don't scale that far.

Stephen J Smoogen.