Re: Practical use of fedabipkgdiff

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 9:54 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm working on a new version of hamlib (3.1 -> 3.2) and instead of building manually or downloading packages and using abi-compliance-checker, I was going to try and use fedabipkgdiff from the libabigail package.

How do I go about doing that (best practice) that should be less work than doing everything manually. Ideally I wouldn't have to build the packages locally but I'm fine with that if I have to. I would much rather just be able to compare what's in rawhide (--from fc29) to a scratch build I performed.

As far as I am aware, right now fedabipkgdiff tool doesn't support ABI
comparison against scratch build. I see this feature as a nice addition.

One option is to download scratch build rpms locally and use "fedabipkgdiff
--from fc29 path_to_local_rpm"  command. Since this command works only on one
rpm at a time, you can run iteratively on all desired packages.

CC'ing Dodji and cqi in case they have more input.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Richard