Re: Unacceptable size increase to ALL live images in F28: Noto CJK Fonts

Le vendredi 30 mars 2018 à 16:45 +0900, Akira TAGOH a écrit :

> The problem on this workaround is that we need an exception for
> packaging because the packaging guidelines mentions we must package
> variants into the same (sub-)package for family[1]

And the problem is not so much the exception to guidelines but why it
was written in the first place.

Installing just part of a font family is massively unintuitive for
users, when they see a font in their font list they expect it to be
complete, when it's there but without bits they need they either
conclude it's immature and stop using it or (if they know it should
contain more parts) that the Fedora version is broken. Very few will
infer “I need to install the missing parts”.

--
Nicolas Mailhot