Re: Gating packages in Rawhide

Dne 28.3.2018 v 19:06 Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 06:46:50PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>>    Why are you stressing MultiplePkgs vs single pkgs. Single pgk process is
>>    just subcase of multiplepkgs process.
> And because it is just a subcase, it can be simplified.
>
>>    And if you can do chain build in Rawhide, I can't see any reason why it
>>    should not be possible for stable branch.
> I'm not entirely sure where I spoke about that.

You are proposing to use side tags for chain builds, which is not how
the things are done in stable branches, unless you are proposing the
same changes for stable branches.

>>    IOW the process for Rawhide should be as close to stable version as
>>    possible. Using buildroot override for stable while using sidetags for
>>    Rawhide does not make any sense.
> I believe we already discussed this and I provided some of the drawbacks this
> would have.

It is sad you still see Rawhide as something completely different then
stable (and stabilizing) Fedoras. Rawhide should use the same process as
other branches. Only the built in timeouts should be different, e.g. by
default, the package should spent no time in testing etc.

So go with buildroot overrides or sidetags, but use them everywhere. If
chainbuilds are testing of mutliple packages are important for Rawhide,
they are of the same importance for other branches.

And please rename this thread to "Gating packages in Fedora", because
Rawhide should be just Fedora.

V.