Re: COPR src.fp.o auto-rebuilds

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20.3.2018 14:33, Michal Novotny wrote:
>>
>> Hello,

>>> This is awesome! Thanks.
>>>
>>> I've pushed several commits at once and copr triggered a build for every
>>> one
>>> of them. It would make sense in my POV to only trigger once per push. Is
>>> there a technical reason for current behavior, or is it intentional?
>>

>> This is probably not intentional. I would need to check the fedmsgs
>> that triggered the
>> builds. If there was just a single originating message, then it is a
>> bug. Otherwise, something
>> on DistGit side would need to be optimized.
>>

> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/raw?user=churchyard
> see 2018-03-20 12:51:50 git.receive messages

Right, I think these were mostly pushed to the main (not-forked) DistGit repos?
For main repos, the original DistGit fedmsg is generated (e.g.
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/id?id=2018-4121a27f-c72b-43d7-92b2-044095bb67e7&is_raw=true&size=extra-large)
and the original DistGit fedmsgs are always just for a single commit
(stored in rev field).

Whereas if you push to a fork, a pagure fedmsg is generated and that
fedmsg can group several commits together (related message fields are
start_commit and end_commit).

We would need to e.g. allow sending pagure fedmsgs even for pushes
into the main repos to be able to build just once per a push event.
However, (while it is not exactly necessary) it's not that bad to have
ever single commit build in COPR, I think :).

clime